Friday, February 18, 2005

RELIGION IS KIDS PLAY

Or, so says Bill Mahre recently (read it all here):
"We are a nation that is unenlightened because of religion. I do believe that. I think that religion stops people from thinking. I think it justifies crazies. I think flying planes into a building was a faith-based initiative. I think religion is a neurological disorder. If you look at it logically, it's something that was drilled into your head when you were a small child. It certainly was drilled into mine at that age. And you really can't be responsible when you are a kid for what adults put into your head."
Ol' Bill has gotten himself in a snit about all this post-election God talk from the Democrats. He does prove one of my points that most atheists have only an adolescent understanding of God. Mahre admitted as much when he confessed that he rejected his parent's teachings about God when he was still rather wet behind the ears.

That's why he and his liberal atheist friends act so juvenile when they are challenged to consider the existence of God. They stomp around, get red in the face, and start hurling ad hominem attacks before they stomp off in a huff. I mean it. Anyone who declares that religion is a neurological disorder is actually suffering from the same. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.