Tuesday, November 09, 2004

PARADISE SPOILED

My buddy Jack and I have been talking for years about retiring overseas to escape the horrors of liberal America. We had narrowed the choices down to Costa Rica and New Zealand. I have lots of Kiwi friends but I lean toward Costa Rica since I've been there and love the Ticos. Jack had his heart set on New Zealand. Looks like New Zealand may be dropped from our list, however, according to this article.
New Zealand also boasts vocal environmental, anti-globalization and anti-war movements.

Its parliamentary website offers just two media links, and one of them takes users to a left-wing "news service" which carries a range of press releases - but also routinely runs anti-U.S. and anti-Israeli commentary (including this week writings suggesting the U.S. election was a rigged "coup.")
The bad news is New Zealand is becoming LiberalLand. The good news is if the liberals leave, we can stay home!